A sweet and round taste to begin, this honey reveals notes of fresh fruit, whose fine woody flavour is combined with the natural aromas of a dulce de leche...
This honey has a syrupy appearance with very slow crystallisation.
Harvested in France by an independent beekeeper in the Jura forests (39), between lakes and valleys.
Delivery throughout Europe
Protected payment with 3D secure
2 free samples for all orders
A specialist in Beehive products, Propolia® offers you a selection of individual honeys: dance with the bees and awaken your taste buds!
"Mélologie" of Fir honey
- Aroma : A sweet and round taste to begin, this honey reveals notes of fresh fruit, whose fine woody flavour is combined with the natural aromas of a dulce de leche...
- Texture : A syrupy appearance for this honey with very slow crystallisation.
- Origin : France - Honey harvested by an independent beekeeper in the Jura forests (39), between lakes and valleys.
A little culture
Rather rare in France, fir honey is most often harvested in restricted areas such as Jura, Alsace, Vosges, Auvergne which are the main producers of our country. In addition to this geographical restriction, there is also an irregular occurance of honeydew and with varying duration: sometimes for weeks, sometimes only for a few days. Depending on the year, the yield from harvesting the same beehives can therefore be either very abundant or non-existent making this honey an opportunity not to be missed for its growing number of lovers! Composed mainly of fir and spruce, the Jurassic forests cover more than half of the department. In addition to sustainable forestry, which allows sustainable wood management, this abundance of wood is due to exceptional rainfall. The annual cumulative rainfall ranges from 1m to 1.5m making the Jura one of the most watered departments in France.
Origine : France - Honey harvested by an independent beekeeper in the Jura forests (39), between lakes and valleys.
It can be spread on a slice of rye or wholemeal bread, with or without butter (we love it with salted butter).
It can be added to morning tea or simply with a yogurt.
In the kitchen it can be used to soften your meals and salad dressings - it is all about taste and desire!
- Glass jar : Recyclable - To be placed in the glass sorting bin after separating it from the aluminium lid.
- Aluminium lid : Recyclable - To be put in the yellow bin after separating it from the container.
Philippe B. published the 13/02/2021 following an order made on 04/02/2021
Bernard G. published the 11/02/2021 following an order made on 02/02/2021
Très bien, conforme à mes attentes, je recommande !
Maryse V. published the 09/02/2021 following an order made on 29/01/2021
Pas encore goûté
You might also like