Organic chesnut honey
A pronounced woody scent with light caramel and nutty notes, ending on a warm hint of prune.
This honey is liquid and so has a very slow crystallisation process.
Harvested in France (Lozère) by the beekeeper, Muriel Pascal.
Delivery throughout Europe
Protected payment with 3D secure
2 free samples for all orders
A specialist in Beehive products, Propolia® offers you a selection of individual honeys: dance with the bees and awaken your taste buds!
"Mélilogie" of Chestnut Honey
- Aroma A pronounced woody scent with light caramel and nutty notes, ending on a warm hint of prune.
- Texture This honey is liquid and so has a very slow crystallisation process.
- Origin France - Harvested in Lozère by the beekeeper, Muriel Pascal.
A little culture
Until the 1940s, beekeepers from the Cévennes and elsewhere created hives from old chestnut tree trunks. Once hollowed out, swarms would settle their colony inside. In addition, beekeeping and chestnut forestry are linked by similar ecological issues. Since 2014, many partnerships, particularly in the Cévennes, Ardèche and Haut Languedoc regions were formed to research into fighting against Cynips, a Chestnut parasite, in cooperation with the INRA (National Institute for Agricultural Research).
Organic chesnut honey.
Origin: France - Harvested in Lozère by the beekeeper, Muriel Pascal.
It can be spread on a slice of rye or wholemeal bread, with or without butter (we love it with salted butter).
It can be added to morning tea or simply with a yogurt.
In the kitchen it can be used to soften your meals and salad dressings - it is all about taste and desire!
- Glass jar : Recyclable - To be placed in the glass sorting bin after separating it from the aluminium lid.
- Aluminium lid : Recyclable - To be put in the yellow bin after separating it from the container.
You might also like